- And the users exclaimed with a laugh and a taunt: "It's just what we asked for but not what we want."
- I really hate this damned machine
I wish that they would sell it.
It never does quite what I want
But only what I tell it.
- If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.
- Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing machines are so poor at I/O.
- Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
- The Six Phases of a Project:
- Search for the Guilty
- Punishment of the Innocent
- Praise for non-participants
- Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
- There are 10 kinds of people in this world....Those who understand binary and those who don't.
- Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you that mine are still greater.- Albert Einstein
- Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.- Albert Einstein