Remember the cute 'Like' buttons on facebook where you Like your friends pictures, names and everything? Now, with this revolutionary Facebook Social Plugins this Like can be integrated anywhere, even in your blogs.
Check the Ossum screen shot here:
The live demo is available on the blog, just Like the post and check your profile.
What's more? If a person from your friend list has liked this post, you can see his/her name right on top of the post, creating it much more amazing social experience.
The moment someone likes your post, the similar activity is seen in the timeline of the person.
This is the best user social interaction you can give to users. A great help for the pro bloggers who wish to create more engaging stuff to users.
- Select ‘Layout’ tab
- Select ‘Edit HTML’ tab
- Download a full template of your existing template. If you fail, you can quickly revert back to original works and no one will know.
- Check the ‘Expand Widget Templates’ box
- Now lets get our hands dirty with HTML and XML (don't get scared, just do as I say.)
- Save the template, if you are successful blogger will allow you to save, else go back to point number 3 and upload older template you downloaded.
- (Optional:This step we do as Blogger has an annoying habit to make the title of the blog post as the blog title, to over come this we customize our title with post title. To skip jump to step 11) Now, search for <head> in your HTML template and just below it copy the following lines of code:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
<meta expr:content='data:blog.pageName' property='og:title'/>
<meta expr:content='data:blog.pageTitle' property='og:title'/>
- Save the template. If it saves you are successful or start over.
- Now Find that line that looks similar to:
<b:loop values='data:posts' var='post'>
- Place the code below between this line and the line reading ‘</b:loop>’
<fb:like action='like' colorscheme='light' expr:href='data:post.url' layout='standard' show_faces='true' width='450'/>
- Save it. If it saves you owe me a cookie. Else go back to step 3
If you like this post do drop in a comment or Like this to your friends so they can also benefit from this.
Other Blogger Widget: Blogger Copying prevention Widget