My brain has recently discovered an auto-pilot mode for itself. Whenever I am in conference, meeting, important call, talking to someone, it switches to auto-pilot and gets busy doing something else. Sometimes it starts cooking horrible ideas of torturing the person I am talking to, sometimes it cooks up the next blog post. Usually it displays the trailer of Mallika Sherawat in Hiss.
A recent conversation happened between me and some not-so-happy-aunty-who-is-more-interested-in-what-happens-to-me-than-her,
When in auto-pilot my brain has a internal recording black box, which stores information and displays it to my brain and then re-runs it back to back after sometime.
'My sisters, elders brothers, second cousins niece is eligible for marriage, how much you earn?' Huh. Who said that?
What can be done? This works in 40% of cases and they reluctantly agree on accepting the engineers number. But the rest 60% are cheapos, obviously.
So someone does convince you to go and check the computer. 30% time it is the hot chick you are eyeing since childhood, who never gave you bhaav but now you are a ossum dude who can fix her computer. I like such scenarios and they are not put on auto-pilot but on.... leave it.
We come back to auto-pilot.
I tell you, one day my auto-pilot will find that sledgehammer and if I do...